COME ON MR FENTY ITS TIME YOU LITTERALLY UTM
1878 to 1884
1885 to 1891
History Quiz: 1885 to 1891
The club moves towards professionalism.
1) 1884-85 and Town change their kit from blue and white hoops to what?
Black and white stripes
Chocolate brown and blue halves
Back and white halves
2) Town reached the furthest round of the FA Cup yet during this season, when made it to the fourth round. Who did they lose out to?
3) Town won their first trophy when they defeated which club 2-0 in the 1886 Lincolnshire Cup final?
4) A record Town win was registered this year - a record that still stands - when the Mariners defeated Morton St. Pauls by what score?
5) Why did FA officials visit the club during the 1887-88 season?
To run checks on a new stand
The FA's annual board meeting was held at the club's headquarters
The FA received reports that Town were making illegal payments to its players
The FA received reports that Town were making illegal payments to its opponents
6) Who became club captain from this season?
7) Why did a number of clubs refuse to play Town during the 1888-89 season?
They felt Town's pitch was too dangerous to play on
Clee Park couldn't hold enough away spectators
Grimsby was too far for them to travel to
An opponent inadvertently died after being caught by a Grimsby player
8) Town were one of the first teams to experiment with what towards the end of this season?
The offside trap
9) In 1889 the Mariners moved from Clee Park to where?
10) And, finally, Town became a public limited company in 1890 when 1,800 shares were made available. How many shares were taken up?
All of them
To see how you've done, click 'submit' below.